Click on plaque or picture for a larger one!

HOME        ABOUT US      JOIN


CLICK HERE FOR DRIVING TOUR


Click for a larger picture

Nine of these markers are placed in the residential historic districts of Bluefield.  The Bluefield seal is located at the top of the markers.


The Bluefield Picture Album



Several of these stone entrances are located as you enter Bluefield. Erected by the Bluefield Beautification Commission

The Clock is shown in front of the Kee Federal Court Building. The clock was erected by the Bluefield Beautification Commission.

These baskets of flowers are throughout the downtown. The old Elks building is also shown.
 


The model trains, which were painted by area artists, are in Chicory Square.


The John Nash historical plaque is in Chicory Square. Erected by the Bluefield Historical Society

The granite marker has information about John Nash.
 

 

 


The depot for the Ridge Runner Train is in city park.
 


The Davidson cabin is now located at city park.

The Kee Federal Court Building.  The Elizabeth Kee and Bluefield markers are shown here.

The train built in 1897 at city park

The historical marker for the train

Walnut Grove Cemetery, 1860, is at the end of Hancock Street.
 


There are graves of veterans from the Civil War, the Spanish American War, WWI, and WWII in this cemetery


Maple Park Cemetery, 1890, on Bland Street

Two mausoleums are shown in this cemetery.
 


The fountain on Oakhurst Avenue is in memory of Dr. Tom Raub.


The Springtime photo of the fountain is on Bland Road and Oakhurst Avenue.

The marker for this fountain is in memory of Rhonda Linkous.

This photo of the Thomas H. Cooper, Jr., home was taken during construction in 1925. It is located at 909 Edgewood Road.

The Alex Mahood monument is located where Oakhurst, Edgewood and Heatherwood converge. It was erected by the Bluefield Historical Society in the East River Mountain Garden Club circle. Mr. Mahood was a noted architect in Bluefield.
 


The bronze plaque on a granite marker shows Mr. Mahood's image, the former West Virginian Hotel, and a home at 618 Mountain View Avenue that he designed.


 

The Dian-Lee home at 2109 Jefferson Street.  This home is now a bed and breakfast.

Sacred Heart Catholic Church, built in 1895, is located at 1003 Wyoming Street.
TheAndrew Davidson plaque and the Blue Star memorial are located at the intersection of Bland Street and Cumberland Road.

Westminster Presbyterian Church, 1923, on Washington Street

Christ Episcopal Church, 1889, located at 200 Duhring Street
 


The Memorial Garden at Christ Episcopal Church


Conley Hall at Bluefield State College, which opened December 1876

Bluefield State College marker
 


Bluefield State Teachers College marker

 


Immanuel Lutheran Church, 1887, located at 103 Duhring Street


Walnut Grove historical marker given by the Bluefield Historical Society

Fountain in front of the First Christian Church, 1891, located at 2200 Bland Street

Memorial School historical marker given by the Bluefield Historical Society

A view of the historic districts as seen from the scenic overlook on East River Mountain
 


Chicory Flowers. According to local tradition, Hattie Hannah, postmistress, looked out at the blue fields of azure chicory and the name Bluefield was born.


Site Track Counter
Website Counter

  Site maintained by
 
Copyright 2006-2011.   [All rights reserved]
Last update July 14, 2013 06:49 PM